Clive William Lewington (28 February 1920 – 23 October 1989) was an Australian rules footballer who played with and coached South Fremantle in the WANFL. He made 182 senior appearances for his club, from his debut in 1939 and is a member of the West Australian Football Hall of Fame and the Fremantle Football Hall of Legends.
|Full name||Clive William Lewington|
|Date of birth||28 February 1920|
|Place of birth||South Fremantle, Western Australia|
|Date of death||23 October 1989(aged 69)|
|Place of death||Subiaco, Western Australia|
|1939–41, 1946–51, 1953||South Fremantle||182 (53)|
|Representative team honours|
|1947–49||Western Australia||5 (2)|
|1950–1958||South Fremantle||201 (142–58–1)|
|1964||West Perth||21 (11–10–0)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 1953.
Lewington played most of his football for South Fremantle in the years following World War II and was used as a centreman. He won a Sandover Medal in 1947 and finished the year in South Fremantle's premiership team, the first of three premierships he would play in. The last of them came in 1950 when he was a Simpson Medallist for his effort in the Grand Final. He also won three Club Champion awards for South Fremantle during his career. A five time West Australian interstate representative, Lewington played in the 1947 Hobart Carnival.
He captained the club from his Sandover Medal winning season to 1951, the final two of those years as captain-coach. Lewingston then retired as a player but remained as coach until 1958 and steered South Fremantle to premierships in 1952, 1953 and 1954.
West Perth acquired his services as coach in 1964 but it would only be for the one season.
His older brother Neil also played for, captained and coached, South Fremantle.
- "Clive William LEWINGTON » WA Football Hall of Fame". WA Football Hall Of Fame. Retrieved 8 October 2017.
- . West Australian Football Commission. March 2012. Archived from the original on 26 April 2013. Retrieved 23 July 2012.
- (PDF). South Fremantle Football Club. Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 April 2013. Retrieved 23 July 2012.
- "Ex-Football Captain Dies". The Daily News. Vol. LXV, no. 22, 583. Western Australia. 27 August 1947. p. 7. Retrieved 9 October 2017 – via National Library of Australia.
- "LEWINGTON, CLIVE WILLIAM". World War II Nominal Roll. Commonwealth of Australia. Retrieved 23 July 2012.
- Clive Lewington at AustralianFootball.com