Northern Region, Malta
The Northern Region (Maltese: Reġjun Tramuntana) is one of five regions of Malta. The region includes the northwestern part of the main island of Malta. The region borders the Central and Southern Regions, and is also close to Gozo Region.
|Coordinates: 35°57′00.8″N 14°24′44.0″E / 35.950222°N 14.412222°ECoordinates: 35°57′00.8″N 14°24′44.0″E / 35.950222°N 14.412222°E|
|Act No. XVI of 2009||30 September 2009|
|Seat||St. Paul's Bay|
|• Regional President||Anthony Mifsud|
|• Total||112.9 km2 (43.6 sq mi)|
|• Density||910/km2 (2,400/sq mi)|
It was created by the Act No. XVI of 2009 out of part of Malta Majjistral.
Northern Region includes the entire Northern District and parts of the Northern Harbour District and Western Districts.
Northern Region includes 12 local councils:
- Dingli - include the areas of Buskett and Dingli Cliffs
- Għargħur - include the area of Xwieki
- Mdina (Città Notabile)
- Mellieħa - include the areas of Ċirkewwa, Marfa, Armier Bay, Għadira, Manikata, Golden Bay, Santa Maria Estate, Paradise Bay, Anchor Bay (Popeye Village), Ta' Pennellu, Mġiebaħ, and Selmun Palace and Selmunett.
- Mġarr - include the areas of Żebbiegħ, Ġnejna Bay, Binġemma, Ta' Mrejnu, Għajn Tuffieħa, Ballut, Lippija, Santi, Fomm ir-Riħ, Abatija and Mselliet.
- Mosta - include the areas of Bidnija, Blata l-Għolja, Santa Margarita, Tarġa Gap, Ta' Żokkrija and Ta' Mlit
- Naxxar - include the areas of Baħar iċ-Ċagħaq, Salna, Magħtab, Birguma, Sgħajtar, San Pawl tat-Tarġa and Simblija
- Pembroke - include the areas of St. Andrew's, St. Patrick's and White Rocks
- Rabat - include the areas of Baħrija, Tal-Virtù, Mtaħleb, Kunċizzjoni, Bieb ir-Ruwa and Għar Barka
- St. Paul's Bay - include the areas of Burmarrad, Buġibba, Qawra, Xemxija, Wardija, Pwales, San Martin, Mbordin and San Pawl Milqi and part of Bidnija
- Swieqi - include the areas of Madliena, Ibraġ, Victoria Gardens and High Ridge
- Baħar iċ-Ċagħaq
The current Northern Regional Committee (Maltese: Kumitat Reġjonali Tramuntana) is made up of:
|Vice President||Paul Vella|
|Mary Anne Abela|
|Peter Joseph Dei Conti Sant Manduca|
|Anne Marie Muscat Fenech Adami|
|Romilda B Zarb|
|Executive Secretary||George Abdilla|
Wikimedia Commons has media related to Northern Region (Malta).
- ^ "Regions of Malta". Statoids. Retrieved 1 April 2015.
- ^ . Government of Malta. Archived from the original on 6 June 2015. Retrieved 6 June 2015.